These are great LAMS bikes to ride and with the after market pipe fitted this SV650SU sounds great. A few small scuffs but generally this great bike is in good condition. Suzuki has sold loads of middleweight SVs since the model first hit the scene back in 1999, and for good reason. With a bulletproof and lively 645cc V-twin engine, pinpoint handling, potent brakes and minimal weight, the faired SV650S and (since 2001) naked SV650 have thrilled and delighted riders around the globe. It's a capable all-rounder - nimble and spirited along a winding road, at home in the cut and thrust of congested city traffic and entirely capable of an interstate tour. Sharp looks and a red hot price are the proverbial icing on this motorcycling cake. This SV650SU, there's plenty of performance on offer to keep learners or full licence riders more than content. This powerplant has been mated with a six-speed gearbox, which delivers the go via cable clutch. Stopping the show is down to twin 290mm discs with twin-piston calipers up the front, helped along by a 220mm disc and twin-piston caliper down the back. The instrumentation underlines the bike's sporty intent, with a large analogue tachometer sitting above a digital LCD speedo, the latter also displaying the time, plus one of two trip meters or the odometer. Suzuki claims the bike tips the scales at 196kg wet, and it comes with a 17lt tank. Across a wide variety of backdrops, the SV650SU is a sheer delight. All the controls are super light and responsive, and its light weight makes it eminently manageable in inexperienced hands. Some will like the raw edge of the SV, coupled with it's additional low-down grunt, On a tight road the SV has the wherewithal to keep up with far more powerful fare. It's supremely agile, and while you'll need to keep on top of that six-speed gearbox to keep the engine on the boil, it's a typically Suzuki-slick 'box that simply gets on with the job at hand. It's still relaxed enough for all-day highway mile munching. The SV will slice through a corner with ease, making light work of the majority of bumps it's likely to encounter. Cornering clearance is excellent, and the tyres allow you to make the most of it. The brakes hold up their end of the bargain well too. Once again, there's nothing particularly special about twin-piston front stoppers, but remember this is a light machine, and they haul the thing down from speed with more than adequate power and feel. Topping off a brilliant package is a frugal 20km/lt fuel economy. Given the SV's 17lt tank, it's good for around 300km before you need to search for a servo. That's bound to be appreciated on the long haul, where it's screen and a couple of ockie strap tie down points will also smooth the way forward. Throw in racy good looks and a bargain basement price, and learners have never had it so good.
- HOW WE MAKE IT BETTER FOR YOU!
- Free membership to our exclusive "Platinum Edge Rewards Programme"
- Finance specialist in house.
- We buy in bulk so you save money
- Huge choice in store
- Every one of our staff has a passion for motorbikes.
- Huge range of accessories on display and you can save on every purchase.
- We can take care of the registration and transfer paperwork for you to save you the hassle.
- Factory trained technicians in a fully equipped workshop.
- Family owned and operated in South Australia for over three decades.
- Only 10 minutes south of Adelaide CBD.
- Ezi payment plans available.
- We will trade anything so if you have something other than a motorcycle to trade just call in and show us what you have.
- We offer you the opportunity to have a security registration certificate on your motorcycle.
Get one of our exclusive Package Deals today!! We offer an exciting combination of on-going discounts, benefits like free loan machines, extras and discount freight that are only available to our customers.
Contact one of our lifestyle consultants now!